ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 18:06:09 -0500
Phil, I heard a minister of a church in Brazil say that the other churches
in the town who didn't know the power and authority of Jesus' Name, would
bring their demon possessed folks to his church.  When that person would
get to the front of the church, the minister would simply turn his back on
the demon and say, "In the Name of Jesus".  The power and authority in the
Name of Jesus would deliver the person immediately.  How the enemy hates
not only our Lord, but even the mention of His precious and powerful Name.

Helen

Earlier, Phil Scovell wrote:
>      How far do you want to go with the devil?  How much do you
>want him to control your family?  How much ground do you want to
>give him?  How much are you going to allow him to take from you
>financially?  How much room are you going to allow him to have in
>your life or the lives of your children or in your church?
>
>      You see, if Satan or his demons could be seen physically, we
>would be more on the look out for them.  If demons fought fairly
>and walked right up to you and clubbed you to the ground, kicked
>you a few dozen times in the ribs, and then for good measure, spit
>on you and laughed at your pitiful condition, you would get right
>down fighting mad.  You would jump up and start fighting.  You'd
>scream the name of Jesus and kick every single demon out of your
>life and home and church and family and neighborhood.  You'd bust
>heads and take names.  You'd hunt them down and stomp them beneath
>your feet and then you'd stand back and laugh at their pitiful
>condition.  You'd curse their works and curse the darkness.  You'd
>swear by the name of Jehovah, the Great I am, and you'd call down
>fire from Heaven to consume the works of the enemy.  You'd bind
>their curses and hexes and spells they have spoken against your
>children or that has been pronounced through human instrumentality
>in the natural realm, and you'd stand watch over them; cursing the
>fiery darts of the enemy every time they were launched in your
>direction.  You'd rend your clothes and cast dust into the air,
>spiritually speaking, and stand in the middle of your living room
>or in the middle of your church, and with an open Bible in your
>hand, you'd confess God's Word over and over and over again until
>you either got what you wanted or dropped from exhaustion.  Then,
>when you awakened, you'd start all over again.  You'd stomp your
>foot and stab the air with your fist and demand your holy rights
>as a blood wash born again child of God.  You'd confess the
>promises of God until the demons shrank away and ran for the
>hills.  You'd command God's warrior angels to go forth and smite
>the enemies of the King.  You'd jump and dance and leap into the
>air and break through the enemy lines bellowing the name of Jesus;
>declaring the King has already won the victory.  You'd call every
>Christian you knew to agree with you in prayer.  You'd split the
>darkness wide open by yelling the promises and praises of God at
>the top of your lungs and then you'd turn every demon torturing
>your family and church and friends and family over to the Chief
>Shepherd, the true Lord Jesus Christ, commanding them to go to the
>place the True Lord Jesus Christ wants them to go, and then you'd
>shout it has been done as the Lord has commanded.  Then if they
>came back tomorrow, you'd repeat the whole thing over again.
>
>      That's what we would do if we believed God instead of the
>devil.  So, what do you believe?

> [...]

Jesus Christ is the "golden thread" that holds together the Royal Tapestry
of truth.