ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:27:31 -0600
Shelly,

That is unfortunate. I wonder though, and please do not take this wrongly,
but the threshold for traumatic experiences, is that a threshold so low
that a normal visit might cause you to think of it as traumatic, or is it
so high that indeed your life or quality of it, was threatened each time
you visited? There are those that view the glass half full, and those that
view it half empty, and then there are those who trim the rim of the glass
to where they are at, and view the glass as completely full. That is, to be
content with where they are at in life or in a situation, and only work up
from there, rebuilding the top rim as they go to insure a full glass is
always in view. I wonder if going through such a procedure with no
expectations of really good or really bad, but just go and complete it, and
then see if you are able to look at it differently afterwards? Fear has a
way of feeding itself, to be afraid of being afraid, as was once said, the
only thing to fear is fear itself. The things we imagine or project in a
situation, most always, never happen.  These are just some thoughts that
perhaps could help to look at. Above all prayer and trust in God to get us
through our trials and things of life.

Brad