ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:06:50 -0600
Having only caught a little of talk of studying Proverbs, I jumped over to
me trusty Bible on computer and read through the Proverb for the day, that
being Proverbs 15 because it is January 15. Man, there were so many good
little nuggets in there which one could ponder and do well to practice
daily, but in trying to look at which stood out to me the most today was
the very last verse. Verse 33.

"The fear of the Lord is the instruction for wisdom, and  before honor
comes humility"

Have you  ever noticed that the phrase "Fear of the Lord" is dealt in
Proverbs from the three aspects Proverbs deals with? that of knowledge,
understanding and wisdom. And how true it is that humility comes before
honor, or else what it might be, but pride?

This fear of the Lord stuff with knowledge, understanding and wisdom is
worth a looksee and I'm gonna as soon as I get a few moments more hahha.

Brad