ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:34:12 -0600
Well, it was unconventional this time but it was a small croud being new
years eve.
Mostly older folks, some middle aged but I think, as usual, we were the
youngest.
Seems that way everywhere we go in this town.
hahahahah
The church has no benches, just chairs and we went and sat in a row and the
pastor moved us twice because we didn't know where he was setting up.
He aranged us all in a circle and he first went through a list of prayer
requests and emails he had received, then he said that anyone who wanted to
could voice their concerns.  Some folks talked of others and neighbors they
had who needed prayer or prayer they needed to deal with others and then the
pastor invited anyone who wanted too to pray.
A few of the people did this, some harkining back to the concerns they had
already voiced and then the pastor praied and he read from John 16 I think
it was.  He explained some words differently than I had understood them.
The word truth and what was meant by this.  It was very slow in that
respect, because he only dealt with like 3 lines all night but it was
interesting.  I was used to plowing through John and being done with it.
That was really about it, other than the people talking to us and asking
about us to get to know us.
They were having something for the youth in a building next door but we did
not attend that since we are not young and it was going on at the same time
as our session.
The pastor did tell us that he had been asked to dedicate children
Katherine's age and below but that it was his practis, rather, to dedicate
the parents.
I liked that as I don't believe that children understand such things.  I
think it more symbolism than anything else.
They do have a bus which runs and picks people up but we can walk it unless
it is raining or bad out and we have those people who live near us who
offered to give us a ride and before too long, we will probbably take the
plunge and buy the electric surrey anyway.
That was about it.
I emailed the pastor last night and then we spent most of the newyear
battling Katherine over the fact that she is better now and can move back to
her own bed.
Bleh!

Matt