ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:36:58 -0500
No, no, Matt.  The disciple whom JESUS loved is John, the apostle, a man,
but it wasn't a homosexual kind of love it was the love that GOD has for us.
Nothing kinky about it.

You need to get disciplined and not get sidetracked because your notes are
giving me heart attacks.  Laughing out loud.  Seriously, though, that's why
you're so confused because like with switching channels on the TV between
programs you're getting youself all mixed up without knowing what's going on
in each spot and none of the shows or Bible stories in this case make sense.
And there's just no way to straighten it all out in e-mail notes.

The closest group JESUS had with Him were the twelve apostles, all men.  But
there was a much larger group called the disciples.  These were both men and
women.  One of these was Joanna.  This is actually a funny or ironic story
because Joanna was the wife of Herod's steward.  In other words, she was
married to the guy who was the right-hand man for the guy who was trying to
kill JESUS.  Her husband got paid by Herod and she got the money from her
husband and used it to support JESUS and the disciples as they went from
place to place.  So Herod was the one providing for the disciples and never
even knew it.  Smile.  Kind of funny when you think about it.  (You can read
about it in Luke 8:3.).

It is exciting to read the Bible and find out everything it has to say and
that the LORD has to say to you through it.  But you've got to get a plan or
you're going to go bonkers.  Smile.

Paul