ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:54:08 -0600
Hi, I saved a message from Brad and Paul back some time ago under this
heading.
Brad was talking of how he knew that Lots of supposed christian lesbian
groups liked to point to the book of Ruth in their talk of the bible and he
never understood why.
And Paul had given me a plan for reading the bible, what books to read in
what order and he encouraged me not to jump around as it would wear me out
and confuse me.  Also he encouraged me not to listen to tv at all about
anything concerning scripture.
Just a quick note to say, I think you were both right.
I am now reading the bible and I do jump around a lot and it is confusing
and I am seeing sayings and such in the bible which remind me of things i
have heard over the tv for years and the stories in the bible do not match
up with the perversion tv is doing to the vurses.
I have read John and Luke but also genesis, and the two books after genesis
and pieces and parts of other books.
I need to go back and start over with more of a set plan.
I notice that they tell the same storey a few times from different points of
view and sometimes their is more and other times there is less.
That is confusing.
I read acts as well.
We are still working on a plan to go check out this church near us but we
don't want to take the baby as it will be dark on the wednesday when we want
to go and Kate don't like that, also it being flu season, we don't want to
take her around a lot of people when it is not necessary.

Matt