ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:26:22 -0600
Kathy,

I look forward to rapping about this more as well things are busy here  and
seems lack of time. Just a precursor to future posts, I'm not suggesting
spontaneity so much as having some feeling in our worship. When you have
people in the congregation that  tell others  that it would be nice if the
worship team looked like they were having a good time, that would be good.
Ever watch an Elvis movie? Elvis wasn't an actor, and you can tell. Ever
tried saying in a slow monotone voice... "Praise God, thank you Lord for my
very life and for your saving it... Wah-who!" It's like showering with
socks on, it just doesn't seem right somehow. You can tell your husband in
a slow meaningful voice that you love him or you can tell him with
enthusiastic voice, both are different yet both are meaningful, but try
telling him with lethargic mechanical voice... better yet, just  type  "I
love you Greg" on the screen and set Mrs. Wendy, whispering Wendy even so
there is as much seduction in the voice as you can muster, and call him
over and just let Wendy say it in that mechanical voice... doesn't work.
That is what I mean. Order is good, and services that run rampant are
unjust to God's respect  I believe, but when you've broken past the morning
disagreements, rush to get ready for church, crying babies while you try to
ready yourself,  and all are now focusing on God and worshipping, I find it
frustrating that the song, or rather worship, ends just as  they are
finding themselves in His presence and to a point of putting  all else
aside and focusing on God. In reality that ought happen before we start
worship, but I find it doesn't most times. Perhaps that will help my point?
I do not mean to come off as a worship renegade, I'm not, I like order, but
I like as well to follow what is obviously needed or prompted, and then end
within reason. One more example... you've been reading a mystery novel, you
spent allot of time reading, you look forward to getting to the end and
find out who done it. Finally, finally, you read... "And we find the
murderer is..."

What!  No more pages? Who stole the last page of the novel? You are brought
to a point of resolution but then left to hang. Remember the old Campbell's
soup commercial? "Mmm good, Mmmm good, that's what Campbell's soup is, Mmmm
Mmmm good". Try singing.... "Mmm good. Mmm good. That's " and stop right
there lol. Sort of looking for a resolve aren't we? Anyway got to run.

Brad

Brad