C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 23:23:21 -0700
Felice,
I don't think they seek cures as much as just simply trying to make their
children's lives a bit easier. My mom really pushed me to become as
independent as i could be, as a result, my overwhelming memory of my after
school life, is a picture of mom and me driving to the clinic 4 times a
week for speech therapy, (which was the least successful one) math and
spelling tutoring, and special PT.  I oved the pt, hated all the rest. I
had girl scouts the other day, and horse riding on sundays, which I loved.

Please ask your Congressperson to vote FOR the MICASSA bill, this
will allow medicaid funds to pay for community supports
instead of isolating the person in a nursing home or institution.
HR 910 is the bill number
Senate version of MiCASSA (S 401).

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities
~Tamar Mag Raine~
IM: tamarmag48
Yahoo IM Tamarmag56