From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:35:43 -0500
I refuse to get old, I'll do like Jack Benny and find an age I like and just
stay there for ever  lol. Right now, The TS-2000 is Kenwood's top radio and
it covers 160 meters all the way up to 440 MHz and there's 1 version that
goes up to 1.2 GHz even though there isn't much up there for activity. I've
tried one and it seems very accessible, but then too, most if not all
Kenwood radios are. Right now, I have an HF radio, TS-570DG, and a duel
bander for 2 meters and 440,  and I'd like to have 6 meters which I don't
have, in the TS-2000 I would and I like using a desk mic and I'd lose some
functionality with my duel bander if I used a desk mic on that so really,
the TS-2000 is the radio for me, I'm also very limited for space where that
helps too. I also have my packet station set up over here but that's staying
as is for now. Almost everything I have is Kenwood for radios except I have
the Icom IC-T90A and yaesu FT-51 for hand helds besides a Kenwood TH-F6A and
actually I have an IcomP2AT hand held as well, and an older icom mobile out
in my mother's car which I ride in the most of any vehicle in the family and
I'm happy with it all.