From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 2004 10:17:46 -0400
no, it doesn't have 2 and 440, I don't think it has 6 meters either, I
believe some have the option of speech read out or CW read out, not only
that though it doesn't have a general coverage receive a huge turn off for
me as is the price all totaled up with the amplifier and all I would want to
get it up with my Kenwood equipment. I'm sure it's accessible, but I look
for more bang for my buck as well and for me, the balance of affordability
and features and accessibility is Kenwood, I don't see it honestly getting
much better anyway in accessibility and no way anything hears better then my
940, of course there's a mod in there, but I'd really like to see the radio
with the lower noise floor. If I was going to buy a new radio right now, it
would be the TS-2000 hands down and I have given thought to scaling back to
only a couple radios and just might sell out and buy a 2000 about this time
next year though that 940 will be very hard to let go of, that's the reason
I don't do it right now.