From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:22:02 -0700
Nope, don't think you'd want an Alinko, my dj560T
would get Intermod like crazy on 2 meters, 2 meter
signals from other hams half a mile away would totally
desense the radio, I always knew when I had a neighbor
on the band, lol. When I took it to ham fests, I was
lucky if I could hear the area repeaters with all the
local signals wiping out the front end, and this was
on a rubber duck!
I never had such problems on 440, I always thought
that was weird. It was like a whole different radio,
well actually it is a whole different receiver anyway.
Don't have those problems now that I live in the
country, but I still wouldn't recommend it.