From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:27:26 -0800
I remember when I first got my Yaesu f t 101 I thought
I could do it that way, actually I used my stereo and
tuned for loudest signal on my speakers when it was
set to auxiliary. Those tubes went pretty fast. Then I
got an in-line tuning aid from a friend, and though
I've gone through a couple sets of those sweep tubes,
not nearly as fast as the first set. The trickiest
thing with the tuning aid is when you get down to 80
and 160 meters, because there isn't a lot of pitch
change in the tone especially on 160, on 10 it
literally screams with the rig on full power, super
easy to tune 10.