Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:51:36 -0600

Chris wrote:
   >My name is Chris Sells AC4CS in Collinsville, Alabama.  I've just
   >purchased a Mosley TA-33 hf beam and will be having a tower put up
   >for me shortly.  I am looking for a roter that has a control box
   >that I can either braille or something to know where my antenna is
   >pointed and would appreciate any help anyone could provide.  Thanks
   >much for your help and ideas
I've got a modified control box for the CDe ham series from NOrm's
Rotor Service in maryland.  IF you've got a ham series rotor in mind
from another individual send it off to Norm for servicing along with
the box.  IF the box is in reasonable shape he'll trade you for one of
the braille control boxes.  I've a wire broken topside on the rotor
control cable at the moment so have to reconnect it next time helper
comes over to get up there for me and then recalibrate the rotor box
but it's a good unit.

IT has a braille dial with cardinal directions marked and a line at
each 45 degree interval, dots at every 11.5 degrees.  YOu point the
dial wher ey ou want the beam and hit the button.  IT releases the
brake and gives you a tone until the brake is reset and you're pointed
where you're aimed.  I'm hoping to argue a local club I'm involved in
into sending their ham series control box in and getting one.  THe
rotor needs to be modified slightly to accomodate it but it's a good
unit and I like the build quality of it.  sInce I didn't ahve a
control box to send in with the rotor I got I had to pay for the box
outright and I got the rotor rebuilt for a reasonable fee too.  NOrm
does good work.

sEnd me a note off list and I"ll get you his email and address info
with phone.  I think he's on the web somewhere as well.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania