From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:02:47 -0500
I don't consider handihams to be a rehabilitation center nor do I consider
NFB&D to be, fact is, we aren't the majority here. Asking for accessibility
is 1 thing but to outright demand it is a great way to get a bad rep and
give us a bad name, not that I care about that, I've been called more names
then you could ever imagine by the best but to expect or demand
accessibility from everyone in everything is just ludicrous. It would be
nice but we're not the majority here. If you speak another language and can'
read English, how do you get the material in another language, I have no
clue how or if you can but it might cost a little to get it done. You also
seem to forget, you can submit the manuals to who ever you want, but mess
with copyrights and you and who you submit it to can be in a lot of trouble
so your best bet is to ask the authors what they think or publishing
company, who ever's responsible for that and see what they think.
Personally, I don't see the big deal with joining handihams for the
licensing materials and stuff. I don't know, I just don't see the issue
here. We're not the majority. If I think something is an issue, believe me
I'll fight for it but this I just don't feel is worth it, join handi hams,
get the materials and don't renew if you like, I haven't had the money to
renew mine so that's what I did, not intentionally.