From:
Darrell Shandrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:11:13 -0700
Hi John,

Hmmm, I'd bet RFBD's copy of Now You're Talking is rather outdated, but I
will check that out.  There aren't ultimately any problems with us joining
Handiham.  I am trying to rejoin myself at this time, and, if she does earn
her license, I am sure Karen will join as well.  Karen and I are both
relatively successful.  Neither of us want or need any equipment.  We would
join and pay dues to Handiham because we want to belong to the preeminent
organization supporting hams with disabilities.

My information might be a bit outdated.  I was under the impression that it
was necessary to be a Handiham member in order to purchase the accessible
materials, and that all such materials were still only available on
cassette.  MP3 would be a bit better, but I'd still like to see real
accessibility.

Though I will conduct additional research, any additional information anyone
could provide would be very helpful.  I will soon be tackling amateur radio
and its accessibility in a future series of articles in the new Blind Access
Journal.  Check it out at http://nu7i.blogspot.com and participate.

Thanks and 73.