Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Robert Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:47:33 -0500
I am getting much faster cable downloads lately and am curious as to the
reason and what experience others may have.
Testing the speed on Toast.net, I get the following:
Normal 56K              34-45K
Normal cable/ADSL       229-950K
Normal T1               1078-1300K
Mine                    3165K (5 times average cable speed?)

I just downloaded an 8.63 MB file in a (typical) time of 26 seconds, about
20 MB/Minute.
This increased speed started when I built a P4 2.4MHz XP Pro computer. It
has an Intel 845PESVL motherboard with Intel Pro/100 M NIC built in. My
three other computers are much slower.
My questions are:
Is this an unusually fast download speed today?
Is it as spectacular as Toast.net would have me believe?
Is the built in Intel NIC a big factor? I've heard they are good.
What other hardware or software would cause this big increase in speed?
Thanks for the input. Bob Lendrim