Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:41:20 -0700
7bit
From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Kristina Carlton wrote:

>I am trying to follow paleo but the cravings are SO intense most days that I
>cave in and have a piece of gum or some Splenda. It could be worse, but as
>long as I continue to do so, I know I will prolong the agony. My main
>symptoms are abdominal distention (from 26 inch waist in AM to 33 inch
>waist after lunch), water retention, lower backaches, foggy thinking, and
>itchy dry skin. Most days I don't know if I am swollen because of the
>candida/parasites, or due to PMS or if I am reacting to food I have eaten
>either that day or the day before. Or if the latter two are a result of the
>parasites/candida.

I doubt if your problem is PMS, after a hysterectomy.  Must be something
else.
What kinds of foods do you eat?  It is possible you are having a
reaction to them, especially
if you eat pretty much the same thing day after day.  Some of it sounds
like a food reaction.

Are you eating enough fat?

Perhaps you've had too many years of unrelieved low-carbing.  Strong
cravings in the
absence of addictive carbs might indicate a message from your body for
an occasional
change in diet.

>Anyway, I am on week 3 of an 8-week anti-parasitic program and I guess I
>was hoping I would feel better by now. I want to be able to eat without
>swelling up like a balloon. I am getting colonics, too, and the colonic
>irrigationist suggested doign a 1 week complete cleanse (no food - just
>UltraClear (a protein drink mix), probiotics, and fiber) and a colonic
>every day. He said it's like cleaning house so the anti-parasite stuff I am
>taking is hitting a cleansed body and not a parasite and yeast infested
>body. Makes sense but I know it will be hard.

Colonics are very draining to the system (sorry!).  A cleansed body (if
there is such a thing) is just
what parasites LOVE to infest.  No competition.  The nasties are more
aggressive than the nices.
You're getting advice from someone who is selling what he is advising.
It just doesn't sound like
a good idea, particularly given your other symptoms which indicate a
digestive system that
is working very poorly.

>And last, I have a friend suffering from Asthma. So bad and for so long now
>that one, he has beginning stages of ostheoporosis and will most likely
>have to move soon (high allergies here). I am thinking diet would help
>that - am I wrong?

Probably the osteoporosis is from the steroids for the asthma?  Asthma
can be affected by the
allergy load of the rest of the body, so figuring out if he is
allergic/sensitive to one of the foods
he is eating might help.  The problem with "moving away from your
allergies" is that after
a little time passes, the person becomes allergic to the items in the
new environment.

Good luck on regaining your health!

    Lynnet