NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:52:49 -0500
7bit
From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
"Nancy Morris wrote:"

> Wish me luck...fingers crossed.  What order did you intro foods??  My =
> plan was/is : Rice (passed this fine); Oats (we are considering this =
> failed), Bananas (we are considering this failed); and then squash, =
> apples, carrots, pears, sweet potatoes, peaches, green beans, peas, =
> prunes.  All stage 1, all beech nut.  Any advice or thoughts???  Thanks =
> from the bottom of my petrified heart...also the doc is renewing our Epi =
> for Tyler (exp. 4/04) and now 1 for Hunter...oh joy!!

If you want another grain, try quinoa or millet.  My allergic one
who reacted to rice and oats at first did well on those two.  They
are very uncommon grains so it is a lot less likely that he got
set up for an allergy during your pregnancy.  Quinoa is a bit of a
wonder grain and is a complete protein, almost unheard of in the
vegetable world.

As for other foods, apples are more allergenic than peaches and pears.
I'd do those first.  Also I'd leave off the peas and beans from the
first tier of introductions.   I can't recall what green veggie we did
first -- we did sweet potatoes, carrots and squash for quite a while.

I think backing out on the bananas and oats is the right choice for
now.  He may not be allergic to them (or may outgrow it) but they are
the best guess as to what might have caused his reaction.  Of course
it was likely only one of the two.

I think one week per food is good.  If he does have another bad reaction
though you will probably want to back out the last two foods introduced,
as you are doing now.  Hopefully it won't happen again!

Good luck,
--Robyn