ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:40:36 -0600
Quick moment of reflection.
Last Saturday night, as we were on the way to some friend's house for a
surprise birthday party, our van suddenly decided not to start.  We were
just leaving Safe Way, as we had forgotten to pick up a card.  So there we
were in that parking lot.  The motor wouldn't turn over, and things
intermittently came on, like the lights with the turn of the key in the
ignition, and those funny little dinging bells that signify one thing and
another.  It wouldn't have been so bad, except that I had the birthday cake.
Well, the long and short of it was that we had to tow the car.  Then we had
visions of how much it might cost to fix the ignition switch, which we
thought was the expensive problem.  So we went through the weekend,
borrowing my mom's car, very glad it was available to us.  Then, Monday
morning, John had an idea to check the electrical current to the battery.
There was some miniscule amount of current.  So, the real problem was the
simple dead battery, not the ignition switch.  There were no prior
indications of a weak battery either.  So with the $40 tow charge and the
$40 new battery, our van was up and running again with much lower expense
than we had envisioned.
While in that Safe Way parking lot, we prayed that the Lord would keep the
expense down on this little venture.  He did answer our prayer.  Temptation
was to severely lay hands on this non-obedient vehicle.  Ha.

So, in retrospect, maybe the problems we think are our problems, aren't
really our problems at all.  By the way, the birthday cake, someone from the
party came and picked it up.