ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
vinny samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:44:10 -0800
This morning in our church, we had an interesting devotion which I would
like to paraphrase for you as a thought for the day.
In our world today everything has become "light".  We have light cola, light
marjorine, light beer etc.  In these light products, something artificial
has been put into it and something real and essential has been taken out.
And so today, we have pastors presenting light Christianity.  This is a
watered down version  of God's truth.  There are many facets to this
watered-down messages, such as the notion that The Lord died for us just to
give us a prosperous life and to make us happy.  God, do this, for us, God
do that for us.  After all, we're His sons, and He is our servant.  Right?
Wrong.
No, we want the full Christianity word, even if that involves some form of
servantship which is painful to our flesh, and if The Lord chooses to bring
suffering our way.
    Lord, Make us more like you today.  Give to us the full measure of our
word and your plan for us today, whether it be in love, Joy, peace,
patience, long-suffering and so on.
Love,

Vinny