Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:39:47 -0400
Hey Bob,

Welcome back--it's about time!

Just a couple things to get you started:

1. If you can prove your Novice license, you get lifetime code credit,
so you can go from naught to General if you so desire, without having
to pass another code test. Of course, being a real morse fan, I think
that you should get on the air with us cw folk (We'll let you join our
3 WPM net if you like!)

All of the question pools can be had online from the ARRL Web
site. It's much easier to navigate at
http://www2.arrl.org
as it's the text-only site. Go to the site map and from there you
should be able to find the question pools.

Also, you can get study materials from a couple places. Of course, you
can join Hand-Hams
http://www.handiham.org

For your $10 membership (let's not open the medical paperwork can of
worms, OK?) you can get study materials on tape for real cheap. Also,
ham radio magazine digests and a bunch of other stuff. I'd also check
at www.w5yi.org (I think that's right) or your favorite ham radio
dealer; Gordon West, who really needs to drink a lot less coffee
(you'll see what I mean if you hear his tapes) has study tapes
available that go through the question pool and the correct answers.

You can get QST on tape from your state library.

You can get WorldRadio for $3/year (tapes are on loan) from Tom
Carten. (Note to self: Write to Tom and ask if you're really on the
list now.) You an Email Tom at [log in to unmask] and ask about
getting the tapes.

This should get you started, anyway!

Vy 73,
--