Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:34:54 -0500
Not sure about the tuner on the 570, but I know the tuner on the  2000 will
not tune 60 meters even  after the mod is  done to  allow tx on that band.
The G5RV  I had 15 years ago was made by Van Gordon and  the  paperwork said
it would not work on 30 meters.  Perhaps a wider matching tuner would tune
this band for you.

One way to make the 102 foot model work on 160 is to short the feedline at
the tx end and feed it against ground like a marconi.   You would need  an
external tuner to make this work and also need a very good ground.  Never
tried this myself, but have heard that  it can get you on 160 where space is
a limitation.

73, Steve KW3A