From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:40:36 -0500

Today two of us from our local support group had a half hour on the radio
to discuss celiac disease.  We did this for the first time last year and it
went well.   Today was just as successful.  In fact, the gentleman who
moderates this talk show told us we needed to come back more often to
discuss this disease, and has already set us up with a date in October.

He was amazed at all the symptoms that present with CD, how it is often
misdiagnosed, the trials and tribulations one must go through just to get a
diagnosis or find a "celiac friendly" doctor.  And when he saw how many
people have this disease (1 in 133), I think this really floored him.

Anyway, he is all for raising community awareness and that was why he
insisted we come back again.   By the time I returned home, I had already
received two phone calls.   So we know there were some people out there
listening!!

I just thought you would like to hear something positive!!

Bev
Mansfield, Ohio