From:
Hillary Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hillary Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:59:28 -0400

I got so many wonderful responses to my email about my husband still feeling crappy. I got so many responses I coulsn't even begin to say this many said this and this many said that. belive me it was tons! :)

Many said it could take any where from 6 month to never to feeling better.
Many said to get the ELISA test to make sure he doesnt have any additional allergies even any strange ones that we might not know about.

The wonderful author of a certain book on celac disease said to remove the iodized salt which would help with the DH. The other night we happened to eat out because it was a special occasion and we know the meal was safe safe safe, but dave used salt with out even thinking and bam the DH was terrible the next day. So thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We pitched our favorite sea salt the next day!

Many said to start on a regime of probiotics and L-GLUTAMINEs

Also the University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program offers a care package program where you can order a care package for new celiacs or for one who is needing a little bit more help.

Thank you all for your great responses.
Hillary