From:
Becky Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Becky Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:30:21 -0600

Thanks to all of you who responded. Below are just a few of the ideas that were given to me...

www.redstaryeast.com
they have a special section just for gluten free

BOB'S RED MILL GLUTEN FREE BREAD MIX

I use the GF Pantry Favorite sandwich bread or
the Bob's Red Mill GF Bread mixes

I understand how you feel about gluten free breads. I have a Zojirushi 20 bread machine . I modify a red star yeast recipe that they mailed me.The recipe is made with chick pea flour (garbonzo bean flour) becuase I needed bread with a higher protein count.
Wet ingredients
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
3 tablespoons of olice oil
1 1/13 cup of water

dry ingred
1 cup chick pea flour
1 cup of brown/white rice flour
1 cup tapioca flor
1/2 cup of arrowroot or corn starch
4 teaspoons of xanthum gum
3 tablespoons of sugar (brown sugar ok)
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 cup of milk (I use vance's Dari-Free)
2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast

I set the machine as follows
go to homemade settings (I program my own otherwise the bread doesn't come out correct)
Preheat =22 minutes
Knead= 20 minutes
Rise 3=70  minutes
Bake=70 minutes
perfect everytime ! Even my gluten consuming family memebers will eat this bread !
good luck
contact me if you have questions
if you want to get your own pamphlet of recipes from red star yeast call 1-800-4 celiac.

I am now using Tritamyl Flour from Ireland for bread and it is wonderful.  I know this is a controversial subject her in the US.  Tritamyl contains the codex wheat starch.  So many in my family have gluten intolerance and I am a full blown Celiac.  We have been using this product for over a year and all are fine.  I did try the breadmaker this weekend and the bread is good (excellent) although it did fall in the middle.  I have a cheap bread machine though.  I am enclosing an article about codex wheat starch, but you will have to make your own decision on whether this product is right for you. If you decide to try it let me know, and I will tell you how to order it.

My favorite "recipe" is actually a mix - the Gluten Free Pantry's "Favorite Sandwich Bread" mix.  I use it in the bread machine all the time.