EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheryl Burgstahler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:00:22 -0800
I think it is important for all of our campuses to remember that, whatever
guidelines/standards we might adopt, they should be viewed as a
starting point for assuring accessiblity. In addition to applying
guidelines/standards, a system needs to be in place for making
accommodations when a specific individual with a disability cannot access
content of our web pages.
Sheryl

Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.
Assistant Director-Information Systems, Computing & Communications
Director, DO-IT; Co-Director, AccessIT; Director, UW ATL
University of Washington, Box 354842
Seattle, WA 98195
(206) 543-0622          FAX (206) 221-4171
http://staff.washington.edu/sherylb