From:
Carol Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:50:05 -0500

HI
I was diagnosed with celiac 2 years ago by biopsy.  I had it done twice six months
apart by two different GI doctors.  They both diagnosed my problems as being celiac
even though my blood tests had come back negative--the IgA, etc.  A couple of
weeks ago I had a lab test that was sent to the Prometheus lab for the celiac panel
and genetic testing.  I am still loosing weight and miserable after being GF for over 2
years.  I called the GI nurse on Friday and she said the test came back from the
Prometheus lab and the results were negative for celiac.  I had also had a stool
sample done at a lab here and my fat content was 15 while the normal is 7.  Of
course, my GI is out of town, and I am worrying.  What else would cause flattened
villia and not be celiac?  Did anyone else have this type of problem?   Thanks for
any ideas or help.

Carol