Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:38:06 -0600

It seems that there are many ways to eat gluten-free, some more relaxed,
some very strict, each way as unique as the individual, depending upon
circumstance and sensitivity. Some people just read labels and others insist
on dedicated facilities.

Here is a response from the owners of a gluten-free bakery. It should be
cautioned that just becasue these people are careful does not mean that all
GF bakeries are just as careful.

----------

I can answer that from a Gluten Free Bakeries perspective. When I say our
products are Gluten Free I mean the following and can provide documentation
to verify these claims.

1. No Gluten Containing products are produced in my facility
2. All new Vendors are contacted to verify Gluten Free Status
3. Testing onsite using an Elisa-tek(www.elisa-tek.com) home testing kit is
done on new products to verify their Gluten Free Status
4. I randomly have products of mine tested by a full Elisa Gluten Assay test
to verify their Gluten Free(less then 20 ppm of Gliadin)

I hope this helps

Tom and Judi Smith
Pies By Maria, Inc. Gluten Free Bakery
www.glutenfreebakery.com