Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:06:00 EST

Several people asked for a summary on restaurant/store experiences in
Philadelphia, hopefully this well help all of you who might be visiting Philly in the
future.

If you are ever in Philadelphia, you absolutely MUST go to Mr. Ritts gluten
free bakery and the Dietary Shoppe.

Mr. Ritts-Mr. Ritt's Bakery - Homepage
They are in the process of reformulating their product list, my advice would
be to visit the bakery and see what products they have-the owner, who has
celiac, was very helpful when I went.  The cheesecake is amazing, one of the best
I've ever had!

Dietary Shoppe-The Dietary Shoppe, Inc.
Small health food store dedicated almost entirely to gluten free products- by
far the most variety I have ever seen in a store!  Make sure you bring a
cooler for the frozen products!

Both of these stores ship, but I think it's worth stopping by if you are in
town, especially for the freshly baked goods at Mr. Ritts!

As far as meals were concerned,
we had dinner at The Prime Rib, one of the top steakhouses in Philadelphia
(conveniently located in our hotel)
We all had a great dinner with no problems, as is always the case at good
restaurants.
Prime Rib was excellent (as I would hope it would be!)

There is an Outback Restaurant and a PF Changs (both with gf menus) located
in the Philadelphia area, as well as several Whole Foods and Trader Joes.

~Eleis in NY