From:
jen and duane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jen and duane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:19:04 -0600

Just curious about weight problems after going gluten free. don't get me wrong have never been a skinny minnie sp? but have gained a significant amount of weight since diagnosis with no weight loss prior.
I did very well on the Atkins diet prior to cd diagnosis but had a difficult time keeping on it.
have been reading on carb intolerance and the specific carbohydrate diet. My only thing is that the gluten free diet seems restrictive enough to me (yes I have the occasional pity party) and to cut out basically all carbs seems cruel. Any stories to share with me on your experience with this? thanks so much in advance!!