VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:05:56 -0600
The state claims SAP is responsible because SAP, like all state contractors,
agreed to a contract provision that it will execute the contract in
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.  The provision I
understand did not focus on particular deliverables or parts of the ADA
guidelines of concern.  It was part of the regular contract boiler plate of
a long list of laws and regulations with which they agree to comply so if
they don't they supposedly can be held responsible.  Speaking of
responsibility, there is probably mutual blame.  The state is going after
SAP most likely to capture some of its expenses on access.

Kelly