From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:55:30 -0500
Richard Archer wrote:

>At 5:51 AM -0800 10/12/03, Mary wrote:
>

>>I've been extremely patient and done very low carb paleo but he still has a
>>fungal infection in the intestinal trace despite no sugars almost no fruit,
>>etc.
>>

>Hi Mary,
>
>My opinion of candidiasis is that if the condition was created using
>artificial chemicals perhaps the body isn't capable of recovering on
>its own. Perhaps antifungals are required to counteract the antibiotics.
>This is certainly my experience with candidiasis.

I agree with Richard here.  It doesn't always work to assume that
natural diet can correct situations caused by unnatural treatments,
which throw the body so far out of its normal equilibrium points that it
can't find them again.

Having said that, I want to suggest something else, with apologies in
advance.  Mary, I hope you won't be offended by this comment, because I
know how hard you've worked with Larry.  But... if I'm not mistaken he
is now 12 or so years old.  I doubt you have your eye on him all the
time.  Do you in fact know that he doesn't sneak some high-carb treats
when you're not around?  Kids are kids, and this sort of behavior
wouldn't exactly be astonishing for a 12 year-old boy.  I know that you
have explained to him many times the importance of his diet, but you
know, I knew type I diabetics when I was a kid who were just as informed
about the importance of their diet--and they nevertheless indulged in
forbidden foods.  And I knew plenty of kids from Jewish homes where
kosher rules were strictly observed, and *they* indulged in forbidden
foods.  As kids get older, especially as they enter adolescence, they
begin to assert their independence in various ways, and in fact it's
developmentally important for them to do so.  Food choices are a common
enough way for them to do this.  Maybe that's at least part of what's
going on.  Worth thinking about anyway.

Todd Moody