C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:25:41 -0400
Bobby,
    I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain today. I suffer from intense foot
pain if I stand or walk for extended periods. Although I am ambulatory on
crutches for day to day activities, I have, in recent years, borrowed
wheelchairs for mall visits because even 2 or 3 hours spent walking through
department stores, museums, trade shows etc. is enough to set off foot
spasms so intense that I will fall to the floor if I try to   stand. Once
these spasms start it usually takes a full 24 hours for the pain to recede
completely.  Unfortunately, I have yet to find a truly effective treatment.
Perhaps Carla Mac Innis will be able to suggest something to help both of
us.
I'm open to suggestions.
    I hope you feel better soon.
Susan