C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:49:14 EDT
Ken and the rest of the list:

    I was moved by your 8 months of retirement experience. I retired in May,
2001. There have been two parts of my retirement: the time we were in Memphis
trying to wrap up business and sell our house and the time we move back "home"
to Austin. In 33 years in Memphis I had built up a strong and large network.
Being a professor and working on many community efforts, I came to know many
people (at one time both the director of police and the director of fire
service were students of mine). Ihad a part time job which was beautiful because of
its hours and pay. When we moved to Austin, I did not realize what such a
network meant. Now I get bored sometimes. But I love sleeping late and taking
naps.because at the end of my teaching I always had late classes and couldn't nap
in the aftenoon.

Bobby