From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 03:27:18 -0500
I owned one of the later Transoceanics, circa middle sixties or so.  It had
a removable plastic battery pack that used D-cells (nine of them, as memory
serves).  It didn't even ship with an AC option...if you wanted AC
operation, you shelled out for an adapter that plugged into the side.
Unfortunately, the radio sustained some damage and parts were no longer
easily available, but in its day, it was a real gem.  This was the last
version produced before they added sideband capability.