From:
Tad Glines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:03:04 -0400
> William wrote:
> Thirty years ago it took nine 5% beers to make me drunk, the only time I
> drank
> recently it took only four beer. Doesn't seem genetic, more likely
dietary.

"Drunk", from the point of view of the drinker, is all perception and partly
blood alcohol content (BAC). The amount of alcohol it takes to raise your
BAC is determined by your body size (weight). How you perceive your BAC is
controlled by tolerance and delivery system. For example, I could consume 4
Jack and Coke drink before feeling the effects but could drink one 16z beer
and get a better buz. The four J&C's whoudl give me a BAC that is 3 times
higher than that one beer yet I "felt" drunker after the one beer. I find
that we develop a perception tolerance to a given alcoholic beverage.

-Tad