From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 09:17:03 -0500
>Apologies if you are really committed to this taboo for religious reasons,
but I >seriously doubt their relevance today.  We have a lot more possible
problems with >ood today ;)

No worries...I AM a believer in Christ and want to follow biblical
guidelines to the best of my ability. From what I have learned in
researching this is that this old testament rule was pretty much reversed in
the new testament (Acts 11 I believe). So I don't think that eating pork or
other unclean animals is necessarily a sin, I was more interested in why the
ostrich is declared unclean. Like I said, I understand about the pig and
shellfish, etc., I just did not have any info on ostrich.

I have had health problems for roughly 18 months and have just started
feeling better about 3 weeks ago. It has been a long road and I still have
very frustrating and physically/emotionally painful days. Therefore I am
trying as best as I can to avoid foods that may not be beneficial to my
health.

I do appreciate any and all comments, whether you share my religious beliefs
or not. That's what I love about this group - you get to hear lots of
opinions and points of view.

Thanks a bunch - Kristina