Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:39:35 EST
I want to jump in on this asthma part of the discussion.  My husband had
awful asthma, predominantly induced by very cold air (think winters in Michigan)
as well as allergies to the usual pollens in the air.  He was on steroids, in
the hospital several times a year, especially during the winter and wheezing
despite medication (steroids).  We have a daughter in Key West, FL and noticed
that during the times we visited there, he had great relief.  The air was warm
and moist and soothed his lungs, he didn't seem to have allergic reactions to
the plants and fauna there.  We decided to bite the bullet and make the move,
and it was the best thing we ever did for his health.  Stan basically is
asthma free, and only uses his inhalor occasionally.  No other meds in 3 years.
Interestingly enough, when we return to Michigan to visit family and friends,
his asthma also returns.  Don't know about your friend, but from my experience
watching the remarkable change with Stan's asthma, making a move can make a
significant difference.  And as far as foods go, there has been no significant
change in his diet, so the lack of asthma here is not food related.  Of course
your friends mileage may vary, but I would not discourage him from checking it
out.
Susan

=20Move? Where to and from where? And what does ostheoporosis have to do wit=
=20asthma?
I think the osteoporosis is from all the steroids I believe he was taking.
He is thinking of moving to Colorada. I don't think it will solve his
problem so I was hoping to get some info on asthma and eating paleo.