From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 06:59:53 -0500
>http://www.vitaminb17.org/temp/hunza.htm

>My personal opinion is that if you take the information on Eskimos as truth,
>then the information on the Hunza must also be seen as the truth. You can't
>have your cake and eat it too, as both cases seem to have about the same
>amount of scientific backing.

Hi Jay;

Unfortunately there is no scientific analysis to back up your claims - in
fact a lot of evidence to suggest that Laetrile has no effect on existing
cancer;

http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/PPI/UnconventionalTherapies/LaetrileAmygdalinVitam
inB17SarcarcinaseNitriloside.htm

Additionally, people must be careful ingesting it as it could have a toxic
effect on the body:

"Taken by injection, amygdalin is non-toxic, however, when a source of
beta-glucosidase is injected with amygdalin, the toxicity is greatly
increased. Orally administered, amygdalin is definitely toxic, presumably
due to the presence of beta-glucosidase in the small intestine. (Greenberg)"

TTYL,

Marilyn