From:
Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:38:55 -0700
I think bathroom would be a correct term since my toilet is in the same room
as the bath tub.

Kim

Calling it a restroom or a bathroom is definitely using the wrong term -
there are such rooms, but their functions are not the same or not as
restricted as the euphemism implies. In Sweden, as you know Boel, we also
have euphemisms for this activity, such as "going to lay down a cable" and
"going to sit on the throne" or somesuch. These and others (and I can think
of much more vulgar ones!) are of course also ways of not having to say
outright what we're about to do, but I don't find them prudish, but rather
coarse. If I were to ask in eg. a restaurant in England where the toilet
was, I would simply ask the waiter: "Excuse me, where is the toilet?"
Restaurants where I would feel the need to ask for "the men's room" not to
lose face I can't afford to go :-)))

Grab our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6 months @$9.95/month.
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup