From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:46:18 -0700
>...Amurr'can prudishness. Really, what's with them yanks?

Oh, mercy -- thanks for the laugh!  I'm not a particular Bush fan (which is
allowed, I might add), so I often pernounce 'America' both orally and in
writing the way he does: 'Mrrka.  So it was hilarious to see you spell it
'Amurr'can'.

As for prudishness, I was raised in the sticks.  We're not as prudish as
them thar city folk.  One of my best friends back home refers to a certain
substance frequently encountered on her dairy farm as $hit.  So did all of
the neighboring farmers of her youth, most of whom were ultra-conservative
Mennonites: Old Order, lacking both cars and electricity.  She and the rest
of her family agreed with them -- "that's what it is and there ain't no
better way to put it."

Link to Paleolithicness..... Ah, yes.  Perhaps early humans were less
prudish than modern humans, many of whom elected not to breast feed because
it was too "animalistic."  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO