From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:24:51 +0900
On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 01:23  PM, mark wilson wrote:

> You could make that argument over just about any
> subject discussed here Don.  I know, I've been
> tracking this list for about 4 years.  Lists evolve,
> people drop out, and new ones come in.

I tend to agree with Mark. I have been here a year and a half, long
enough to see the same discussions come and go several times. I don't
mind, sometimes new info comes up, and new people have diverse opinions
that need to be readdressed.

One thing I don't like particularly is the venom some show when their
views are questioned. There just isn't enough easily available
scientific data to show whether the paleo diet is all it is cracked up
to be. So we have to feel our way forward on anecdotal accounts and
personal experience, especuially since a true paleo diet isn't even
possible for most of us. Allowances have to be made. This way of eating
has been a great help to me in overcoming various typical middle aged
ills, constipation, bad skin, headaches, creaky joints whatever. That
doesn't mean that some particular addition or change in my diet
wouldn't help even more. I appreciate hearing peoples accounts of, for
example, eliminating milk helping some problem, or getting benefit from
raw milk. It is one more datum I use.

I don't want to fall into the food trap many people on unusual diets
do, of avoiding all outside viewpoints. We risk falling into the same
hole that other diet cults do, and only talking among ourselves,
repeating the master's words like a talisman.