ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 16:38:36 -0400
HI Guys,
This is just a story that I can’t pass up. You know how many twists and
turns that we have gone through trying to get this house. Well, today was
no exception. We were informed two weeks ago that we would have to have
someone certify that our septic system was in working order before we
could go ahead with the closing. Now, in most states, this could have
been done with a simple letter, for free, from an inspector, within about
24 hours, but, as you all know, this is Maine. They don’t do things that
way in Maine. When Greg went to the town office to ask for this letter he
was told that, in Maine, someone would have to come out and inspect the
place. Also, since we are changing from a three bedroom to a four bedrom
home, a new plan will have to be drawn up and, while we don’t need to
change our septic system right now, we will have to notify our neighbors,
by certified mail about the possibility of a future change. Maine is a
bureaucratic dream world. And, for all our trouble, this will probably
end up costing us another $300.00.
Well, anyway, like I said, the closing is tomorrow so we had no choice
but to do things their way and pray that the cost could be added to the
closing. The inspector came today and he was really very nice. Anyway, he
stopped for lunch before he got here and while he was talking to Greg, in
our back yard, he started getting really sick. It just came on him all of
a sudden! Well, we live in an open area that used to be pasture land so
there was no place that he could go for privacy and he ended up coming in
and using our master bathroom. I really felt so sorry for him, but we
were really able to practice hospitality. He just sat in our house to
recover and chat. Then, when we talked about payment, he said that if it
didn’t end up getting covered in the closing that we would work something
out privately. Greg joked with him and said that emergency room costs
should off set the costs of his services. He really thought that that was
pretty funny. We are pretty sure that he must have been suffering from
food poisoning of some sort.
I guess that I’m just sharing this to show you what kinds of crazy things
have come along our path as we strive for this house, but also, I’m just
praising the Lord for an opportunity to, sort of, give someone a cup of
cold water in Jesus name.
God bless,
Kathy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!