ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"j.ireland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 06:38:17 -0700
Not too long ago we spoke briefly about Proverbs.  I'm resurrecting the
topic as there is a book on the Our Daily Bread site called
"Knowing God Through Proverbs."  I think it is quite good, especially as an
overview.

A portion which sparked thought as well as conviction for me is below for
your thought too.

"Pride makes a fool of those who possess it. It results in
self-deception, for it creates an exaggerated sense of one's own importance
or
abilities. Pride results in disagreement with God and reflects an
unwillingness
to trust Him."

Vicki