ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:02:28 -0000
Hi All,

You will recall that I wrote fairly recently to ask for prayer for Jenny who
is terminally ill and whose grandson, mark, was almost definitely being put
into Care.  Well, here's the latest and greatest news so far!

It seems that, although everyone thought last week's meeting would
definitely mean that the time had come for a decision, for some reason (not
known to me) that decision wasn't made by Social Services.  Instead, this is
what has happened.

First, let me backgrack and say that a few people in our church have been
praying spacifically for Mark because he's a very hyper-active boy who has
not been very disciplined and is therefore a very big handful of a
five-year-old.  In addition, his father, Chris, has been caring for him and
wanted to do this but, because Chris's very depressed, Social Services had
obviously decided he could no longer do this, along with Mark's Gran, Jenny.
(They shared the care, Jenny having Mark at weekends).  Anyway, Liz and Adam
(who work in one of our two church houses) really felt they should do
something for Chris and Mark.  Liz apparently used to teach Chris, or
something like that.)  Anyway, they offered to have them to move into "the
big house" with others so that they could both be helped.  Chris jumped at
this and within a day they were moved in!  Chris is very disturbed now
because he says that Social Services tell him one thing, his Solicitor
another and those in the house are saying something different again.  He and
Mark both need prayer therefore, as well as Jenny.  Both Liz and Adam,
separately, unknown to the other at the time, had conversations with Chris
yesterday about God wanting to be his father.  (Chris never knew his
father.)

The only other thing I know is that Jenny is taking all this very badly
because she just isn't seeing enough of Mark.  I haven't been able to get in
touch with her all week so have just to wait in the wings for an opportunity
given of the Lord.

I know that Chris's solicitor sees this option as a very good one and is
going to try as hard as he can to persuade Social Services that this is the
right course of action;  so there are obviously more meetings planned etc.,
though I don't know details.

Thanks for your continued prayers.  I'll keep you all posted!

--
Carol