ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 06:53:50 -0000
Phil,

Well said and probably much more simply than when I first grasped this
principle.  It was in that lovely, old (oldd rather quaint, English) written
book, "Practising the Presence of God", by Brother Lawrence.  He was a monk
in the 4th Century (I think it was) who talked with the Lord through all his
menial tasks and explained it to people he counselled.

Another thought I have on this is that, maybe, though we cannot achieve the
"without ceasing" in the flesh, the Spirit of God in us can and will achieve
this.

I agree, Phil, that the length of time one prays is not really significant.
What is right is to pray until "it's in our hearts that the praying is done!

--
Carol