C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:27:58 -0400
Christopher Reeve was, and should be, a role model for all of us who are afflicted with a debilitating condition. His approach was to continue to rehabilitate himself whenever and however possible.
Many of us, with either a injury or an autoimmune condition, want to sit down, fell sorry for ourselves, and let others do everything for us.
I was diagnosed with MS about 15 years ago. I have slowly deteriorated with muscle strength, which forced me to retire a few years back, but I still do all I can of what I want to do. Some things I don't do as fast, and some things I don't do as well. But. damn it, I still do.
Please don't give up on yourself. Do all you can for yourself, and don't be too proud to ask for help when you need it. Friends and family will be happy to help you, as you are trying to help yourself.
HGD, Roy P.