From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:25:13 -0400
Hi Jerry,

I had a conversation with a friend at my local radio club on this very
topic.  He is quite the antenna guru and he took a stab at it and said he
thought a type of trap was used.  The TH-F6A has a counterpart for Europe
called the TH-F7E.  It covers 144/440.  The antenna is a different one from
the 6A.  There are mods on a webpage that documents a change of a 7E to a
6A.  When the mods are made the radio will be able to transmit on 220.  You
are warned however that you must have the antenna for the 6A on the
portable.  So I can assume that the only difference between the 6 and seven
are the mods and type of antenna used.  I think Kenwood lists a different
antenna for the 6 and 7.  So based on that rambling answer the only
difference is the antenna and a good 50ohm resonant antenna on your band of
choice should work well.

Dave