From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:15:50 -0400
Well, for the TH-F6A, you can directly enter frequency from the front panel,
far as PL Tones, CTCSS and all, the lowest tone selection beeps, of you hear
the beep and count up to the tone you want, after a while you learn and get
used to from memory how many clicks for the most common ones, and also all
the functions have a lower beep for the default setting, like for power
settings, the lower beep is high power, if you're turning PL tones on, or
CTCSS, DCS,  the low beep is off, going through memory channels, on memory
0, it beeps so you know when you're there, it's very easy to use. I use that
radio a lot, it's just a good feel, I can do anything with it, if something
was ever to happen to it I'd buy a new one for sure. In fact, if I hear
about it being discontinued some day, it will happen some time, when that
day comes, I'll buy another one for a spare just in case.