From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:33:01 -0400
The last time I did it, I actually taped the net ahead of time with breaks
in the right places for check ins and all, worked out very well, but it is
still a lot easier with a desk mic or something where you can lock the PTT
button so you can have a free hand though if that's not an option, you can
still tape the preamble probably and just play the tape on the air, then
take down check ins how ever you would and play it from there, it depends on
what kind of net it is.  I had a swap and sell net I ran twice, first time
was a disaster at best, 2nd time I just taped everything, the preamble, and
the old listings, and left myself breaks that meant I should stop and take
check ins and all which I took down on my computer and it worked out very
well. If it's a traffic net, best probably to memorize the preamble and then
play it by ear from there. Maybe tape things which I did once helping on a
ten ten net for a now defunct local chapter 1 night.